What We Do
At East Stanley we have an active School Council. Mrs Storey supports this and they regularly meet to discuss school issues.
Our council is a group of children elected by their class to represent their opinions and raise issues and feedback to the rest of school.
This year we have some exciting things planned for our Councillors. We would like them to take forward projects on behalf of the pupils and be involved in planning with members of staff and our Governing Body. Our School Councillors will be adding some information to this page about their role and responsibilities.
To be effective, the school council must:
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views
- Feed back to pupils about what happened about their views
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
We work hard to ensure we have an effective School Council. In order to do this they work with all the staff to ensure:
- elections are fair and open
- everyone is represented
- there are different ways for people to give their views (e.g. class time, suggestion boxes, questionnaires, focus groups)
- there is effective communication so that people know what happens to their suggestions and ideas
- the whole school community see results!